If you have a Blogger website, verifying it in Google Search Console is a critical step in understanding how Google crawls and indexes your website. It also helps you identify and fix any technical issues that may be affecting your website’s visibility in search results. In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on how to verify your Blogger website in Google Search Console, and offer some tips to help you troubleshoot any issues that might arise.
How to Verify Blogger website in Search Console
- Sign in to your Google Search Console account. If you don’t have one, you can create a new one for free (https://search.google.com/search-console).
- Click on the “Add a property” button, which can be found on the top right of the page.
- In the pop-up window that appears, enter the URL of your Blogger website. Make sure to enter the complete URL, including “http://” or “https://”, and click on the “Continue” button.
- On the next page, you will see a list of verification methods. Choose the “HTML tag” option.
- Copy the code provided in the “Google Search Console” section.
- Go to your Blogger dashboard and select the “Settings” option.
- Click on “Search Preferences” and then click on the “Edit” button next to “Google Search Console.”
- In the “Google Search Console” section, paste the code you copied in step 5 into the “Google Search Console verification code” field.
- Click on “Save changes” and then go back to the Google Search Console verification page.
- Click on the “Verify” button to complete the verification process.
Also Read. How to delete blogger site in google search console.
How to connect blogger to cloudflare, Cloudflare DNS.
It’s important to note that it may take some time for Google to verify your website, so don’t worry if you don’t see any data immediately. Once your website is verified, you will have access to valuable data, including search queries, traffic sources, and crawl errors.
If you encounter any issues during the verification process, there are a few things you can try. Firstly, ensure that you have copied and pasted the verification code correctly. If you’re still having trouble, try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser. Additionally, if your website is behind a password-protected page, you may need to temporarily remove the password to complete the verification process.
In conclusion, verifying your Blogger website in Google Search Console is a crucial step in ensuring that your website is being indexed by Google, and to get access to valuable data and tools. By following these simple steps and troubleshooting any issues that arise, you can gain valuable insights into your website’s performance and optimize it for better search engine visibility.